Summerfest: OneRepublic

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Summertime in Milwaukee means one thing: Summerfest! This year I was lucky enough, thanks to my aunt, to score tickets to see OneRepublic. I am almost ashamed of my Snap Story, I probably sent a snipit of almost every song but I can't help it, they were so good! And I just wanted to share good music with all my friends. Anyway, I'm going to share the experience with you now because a OneRepublic concert is something I think everyone should attend if given the opportunity.

My sisters, cousin and I before the concert 

The night started out as a mini disaster when my aunt lost her ticket. Long story short, the box office can reprint it for you but only if you are the purchaser. 

Bad picture - I'm sorry, but American Authors 

The first opening band was American Authors Unfortunately we missed almost their whole set because we stopped to get something to eat on the way in - Miss Katie's Diner is a now a new favorite. We were able to catch their most popular song "Best Day of My Life". The song rocked and they sounded great. No complaints, wish we could have seen more of them.

The next band was Mayor Hawthorne who I had not previously heard of. Their music wasn't bad just unfamiliar to me. The hold possibility so I will check them out on Spotifiy later. The did a quick cover of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" that I did enjoy. 





Finally it was time for OneRepublic. They hung a huge white sheet down in front of the stage to build suspense. Honestly, I think the band sounded much better live than their recordings so this was a fantastic concert. The music had so much more depth live. During the concert the Big Bang fireworks show was happening behind the amphitheater which made the concert that much more special. Ryan Tedder even cracked a joke saying they were the ones who purchased the fireworks to enhance the concert experience.  Please enjoy the videos and pictures below and sorry if you hear any of my off key singing. The encore included a cover of  "What A Wonderful World" which I hope they record someday. Over all I rate this concert 5/5 starts! I hope to someday get to attend another OneRepublic Concert.

*Sorry if videos aren't facing the right direction! They are correct on my phone but once I put them on my laptop the changed over and I'm not sure if they stayed when I rotated them.
All The Right Moves

Apologize

Come Home


Feel Again


Good Life 

Something I Need 
What A Wonderful World

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *