Book Review - The Fall of Giants

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I need to take the time today to talk about an amazing book, The Fall of Giants by Ken Follett which is part of the Century Trilogies. My aunt and uncle introduced me to this book while on vacation earlier this summer. They had both started reading it and knew my sisters and I liked to read so they got us each our own copy for the trip. I was excited to start this book because it isn't my usual type of read. From the moment I started reading, I was hooked. Following five families during times of the first world war and the Russian revolution, Follett creates an interesting story where characters intertwine when you least expect it and puts and interesting twist on what seemed to be boring history when we learned it in school. From high society, to coal miners taking us from America, to Russian, to Aberowen, a fictional city created for this book, the reader is on the edge of their seat the entire book. Whenever I thought I knew how characters were going to end up I was rewarded with a new plot twist that made reading about history suddenly so much more interesting than I had imagined. I enjoyed this book because while I like learning about history when it comes to reading I don't traditionally choose books that involve war but Fall of Giants changed this. I would recommend this book to any of my friends that enjoy reading.  It's a large book but I was able to finish it quickly because I read very fast and also I could not put it down. It is a must read!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *