The Fantasy Life

Monday, June 09, 2014

To talk about my whole vacation in one post would take a lot of reading, so today I'm just going to give a brief overview of what my trip was like. In upcoming posts I'll discuss the ports, the ship, the food and the fun of a Disney Cruise vacation! This trip was not my first cruise with Disney (I've been on seven previously) but it was my first with on the Fantasy! 


Disney Fantasy Overview

Day 1: Friday, May 30th

My family and I left our house early in the morning to fly to Florida, although the ship doesn't set sail until Saturday we have found it works best to arrive in Florida a day before the ship leaves port. This allows you more time the day of and does not leave you rushed in case your flight is delayed or you arrive late. We spent the night at the Hyatt in the Orlando Airport.


                                   Early  morning view from our hotel at the airport.

Day 2: Saturday, May 31st

After a 50 minute ride from the airport to Port Canaveral, we checked in and waited to board the ship. From the moment you enter the atrium, you're at awe by the grandeur of the ship. Disney doesn't miss a single detail. After a great buffet lunch in Cabanas you're free to explore the ship until you are allowed into your stateroom at 1:00. The sail away party on deck 11 is always fun but this cruise my family and I toasted the vacation and watched us set sail from our room.
The first glimpse of the ship.


Celebrating the magic to come

Day 3: Sunday, June 1st 

For our itinerary, our first  day was spent at sea. I took advantage of this time to get some sun and read a few books. Over the whole trip I read six! I love having down time to read and relax. We had our first gimlet hour of the trip, it's 5 o' clock somewhere. It was also formal night so everyone was dressed in their best for dinner and the cocktail hour that was before with the opportunity to meet the Commodore. 
 The view of the open sea from our room

Blurry, but gimlet hour! 

My siblings & I on formal night 
Day 4: Monday, June 2nd 

We had another day at sea in store for us! I love exploring our ports of call but I think days at sea are my favorite. From taking a ride on the AquaDuck ( the ship's amazing slide, it goes over the edge to create such a thrill) shopping, or watching a Disney favorite in the movie theater, there is so much to do! This time, I decided a little more sunscreen wouldn't hurt as I got pretty fried the first day. 
The beautiful water

Feet up, reading and enjoying the sounds of the ocean

Day 5: Tuesday, June 3rd 

We arrived at our first port of call, the beautiful island of St. Marrten! I am not going to go into much detail right now of what the ports all hold but St. Maarten was our chosen location to go shopping. See future posts to read about the wonderful things St. Maarten and St. Thomas hold! 


Welcome to St. Maarten! 

Pulling into port along with a Norwegian ship

Day 6: Wednesday, June 4th 

This day was spent exploring St. Thomas! I have been there a few times but each time it has been a very different experience. We took an open bus tax ride around the island to see some amazing views. 

Our view of St. Thomas from our room

Another view of the port from our room

Day 7: Thursday, June 5th 

This was our last day at sea, the waves and the wind made the pool we were by like a wave pool, it was fun to lay in and see where the water would take us. We also had a "fine wine" hour in our room because we ordered a wine package. It was a wonderful day!
 One of the many pools just for adults

The view from the front of the ship

Loved using the dry erase boards given to all the Castaway Club members! 

Day 8: Friday, June 6th 

The final stop was Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. This is truly paradise found. My family spent the day at Serenity Bay, the adult only beach. It was beautiful! Keep your eyes out for a post in the future dedicated to Castaway Cay!
The Disney Fantasy & Castaway Cay

Serenity Bay 

Day 9: Saturday, June 7th 

It was so tough to say good bye and leave the ship. Here's hoping to set sail with Disney again in then near future. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *