My World Cup Rant

Sunday, June 22, 2014

I'll admit I'm no major soccer fanatic. The majority of my soccer knowledge comes from watching my brother play when we were younger or from playing FIFA. I do have a couple thoughts about the World Cup regarding to what people are saying about it.


1. Why are people watching it who don't even like soccer? Honestly, I think it would be silly for someone to not at least try to watch the World Cup. It only happens once in every four years. It is interesting to watch and it's what everyone is talking about. It's the same as saying you can't watch diving in the Summer Olympics because you aren't a 'diving fan'. 

2. Don't be a bandwagon fan: If you don't regularly watch soccer you're most likely gonna get stuff for this. Who cares. I don't care if I'm a bandwagon fan because I'm cheering for team USA. That's where I'm from so of course I want us to kick ass! I root for the United States always. Sorry if that makes me a bandwagon fan. 

3. You can't be a fan of any team except for your own country: I don't see why there is a problem cheering for a team that's not where you're from. Maybe you aren't a fan of your country's team, or your favorite player is on a different team. Cheer for whoever you like. And if your team isn't playing or got eliminated who else are you supposed to root for? It drives me nuts when someone says they get angry seeing tweets cheering for another team. 

Those are just a few rants for now. I know it's probably irrelevant because I am not a soccer play or a huge supporter but I think it's silly that people make it seem like only hard core soccer fans get watch or talk about the World Cup.

Anyway, go USMNT - America, I love you.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *