#Summer2014

Monday, May 12, 2014

With classes ending for me on Thursday, words cannot explain how much I am looking forward to this summer. I have so many great things planned I just know it will be a summer for the books! Here are a few of the reasons I think of to help me get through finals.

1. UCA Staff Work Week: I leave for work week on Sunday and I am so thrilled and nervous and excited. I'm headed to Mississippi for training and I already can tell it is going to be such a fabulous experience, being surrounded with people who have as big of a passion for cheerleading as I do! Heading to the MidSouth I know the talent at work week is going to be out of this world, I hope I can hold my own and represent Wisconsin well. I've been working hard all month long to get the material down! The only thing I am really unsure about is what to wear for the last night, which has a Kentucky Derby theme, because I know I won't be able to fit an amazing derby hat into my carry on.

2. Cruise #9: Well I think it's my ninth. Cruising is our family's favorite type of vacation, always a Disney Cruise, and this year we are headed back to St. Thomas, St. Maartin, and Disney's private island Castaway Cay. Although I've been to these destinations before I have yet to be on Disney's new ship, Fantasy. This vacation has been booked for a year and a half so I have been anxiously counting down the days for awhile. Soaking up the sun with family is a great way to kick start the summer!

3. UCA Staff: I am pumped to begin my summer teaching cheer camps with UCA! It finally felt real after receiving my box of staff uniforms in the mail and learning all the material. Working for UCA is like dream and is such a wonderful opportunity. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am.

4. Social Media Internship: When not busy teaching cheer camps, I'll be back in the bay for my new internship, running the social media for our campus' residence life and housing. I will miss being at home for the summer but I also get to live with one of my very close friends who also has a summer internship in Green Bay. Lots of memories are sure to be made.

Besides these big 4, there are plenty of other reasons to be stoked about the summer!

  • Sunshine: Welcome back a nice deep tan, I've missed you! 
  • Good weather: Wisconsin has been slacking in the nice temperatures lately, hopefully summer does not disappoint 
  • No School: Goodbye homework! 
  • Fun with friends
  • So many other things! 
I guess I should quit daydreaming about summer and get back to *kind of* studying. Only two more exams to get through. Happy almost summer! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *