Throwback Thursday Playlist

Thursday, August 28, 2014

In the spirit of Throwback Thursday, I thought I would do a #TBT playlist of some of my favorite "old" songs. I guess old may not be the correct word to use but they're certainly not the same 15 songs we hear repeated on the radio these days. I suppose this taste of music can be credited to having an older brother, strangely enough there's not a single female artist on the playlist.

Dashboard Confessional: Hands Down, Vindicated, Again I Go Unnoticed 
All three of these songs are so fantastic. I feel like I can really relate to all of the lyrics. Hands Down is easily one of my most favorite songs of all time.

The Maine: Everything I Ask For, If I Only Had the Heart

Fall Out Boy: Dance, Dance, Sugar, We're Going Down, I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me, Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy Tonight, This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race, I'm Like A Lawyer,  Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year, Saturday, Just One Yesterday
Okay, so I guess it's safe to say I'm a Fall Out Boy fan. Besides having some of the longest and most creative song titles, all of their songs just bring back tons of memories. Although I do like them, I prefer their older songs. My favorite of their songs would have to be Where Is Your Boy  and Sophomore Slump.

Sum 41: In Too Deep
Sometimes this song describes my life so perfectly.

New Found Glory: 47

blink-182: All The Small Things, I Miss You

The All American Rejects: Dirty Little Secret, Move Along, It Ends Tonight, Swing, Swing
Dirty Little Secret is another one of my all time favorite songs, I can never get sick of listening to it. And Swing, Swing? What a classic.

Modest Mouse: Float On, The View

Sugar Ray: Is She Really Going Out With Him, When It's Over, Someday
I can still remember listening to Is She Really Going Out With Him every day on the radio during 3rd or 4th grade art class. Whatever, always good stuff.

Good Charlotte: Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous, I Don't Wanna Be In Love

Yellowcard: Dear Bobbie, Ocean Avenue, Everywhere
Their Cover of Michelle Branch's Everywhere is definitely worth a listen.

Motion City Soundtrack: Everything Is Alright, LG. FUAD, This Is For Real
Love. That's all.

Panic! At The Disco: I Write Sins Not Tragedies, But It's Better If You Do

Gym Class Heros: Cupid's Chokehold, Clothes Off!

Hope you enjoyed my playlist. If you have any suggestions of songs that would fit I'd love to know!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *