A Way With Words

Wednesday, September 03, 2014


I'm  about to get all high school english teacher on you right now and for that I almost apologize for that but I want to take a moment to appreciate the wonderful words F. Scott Fitzgerald. They way he writes, everything flows so seamlessly and beautifully and I can't get enough. I just watched Great Gatsby so that might be the reason behind this post but anyways, here are a few of my favorite quotes.

This is easily my all time favorite F. Scott Fitzgerald quote. My friends like to make fun of me because they say basically it's just about a glorious hook up, which yeah maybe it is but I think it's so much deeper than that. When I asked what they thought it meant the response was "uh someone is having really rough sex and they got bruised and didn't recover, idk". Incorrect, it is so much more. It's about falling so in love, opening up yourself to someone to create such a sense deep intimacy that it over takes you. Even though you can move on from that person you still have never let go of that love and it's something that stays with you forever. And how would I know that, right? I don't know because I've never slipped briskly into such an intimacy but I can bet it's more than just a really fancy way of saying it was just a hook up.

Do I sound nuts yet?

These words are so true. I could go on a long tangent about this but I'm choosing not to, you're welcome. But the idea that love heals all is intoxicating, and something so easily to get stuck on. The problem is that we think that only love from someone else can validate us and forget that love from yourself does the same thing. 


Then she kissed him until the sky seemed to fade and all her smiles and tears to vanish in an ecstasy of eternal seconds.

This quote is seriously beautiful. It shows how important one person can be to another. How a simple kiss from the right person can make you forget everything wrong in your life. How spending time with someone can seem infinite. The word choice is just awesome, "an ecstasy of eternal seconds" I aspire to write words that flow as well as that. 

If the girl had been worth having she'd wait for you? No, sir, the girl really worth having won't wait for anybody.

I love this quote too. People always expect others to wait for them but why should we? If you really want something or someone you go after it, don't push it off to the side because you know they'd wait for you. We all know our worth, if you think you really deserve to be toss aside and forced to wait for what you want then what you're waiting for really must not be worth it. To me this quote applies to so many things in life. Don't wait around for the things you want, go after it. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *